Get Specialty Medications at Home with Extra Care through TRICARE Pharmacy Home Delivery
Some health conditions are treated using what are referred to as specialty medications. Specialty medications are usually high cost, self administered, injectable or oral medications that treat serious, chronic conditions (for example, cancer, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, hepatitis C and others). Beneficiaries are eligible to have these prescription drugs mailed directly to their homes and to receive additional care through TRICARE’s Specialty Medication Care Management Program.
The Specialty Medication Care Management Program is free to you and complements the care provided by your doctor. You’ll get:
- Professional and confidential consultation with experts who understand your condition
- Refill reminder calls each month
- Access to a pharmacist 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to discuss potential drug interactions or side effects, as well as answer any questions you may have about your prescription.
- Nurses who can discuss your progress and help you receive the greatest benefit from your medication
- Guidance on how to take specialty medications correctly
- Support in managing your medication therapy
- Personal care through patient care advocates
- Access to educational materials to help you manage your condition
To find out if you are eligible and get started, call the Member Choice Center at 888.455.4342.1 A patient care advocate can contact your doctor to fill your prescription through TRICARE Pharmacy Home Delivery. You may also mail your prescription or have your doctor fax it to 877.895.1900. Once your prescription is received, TRICARE Pharmacy Home Delivery will contact you to arrange for delivery of your medication.